What is the point of all of this planning? Watercress, on the other hand, makes a significant contribution to our health as a key component of a well-balanced diet.
This rich watercress salad has the function of being anti-anemic, which means that it contains substances that restore normal hemoglobin development, because watercress contains vitamins A, C, E, iodine, and iron, as well as being low in calories, which means that we can eat as much as we want. Another noteworthy point is that watercress is beneficial for metabolic diseases, fluid retention, and the prevention of obesity and diabetes. Watercress is also used as a diuretic and to stimulate the stomach. It aids in the cleansing of the liver and aids in its recovery.
- Fresh watercress
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes or 2 Traditional Tomatoes
- ½ Onion
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- As we predicted, this healthy salad preparation is very simple and quick to prepare, because the contribution of watercress to our health is more important than the step-by-step of the recipe.
- First, we wash the watercress thoroughly with fresh tap water. If the tips of the stem cuttings are unsightly, trim them a little. Place the watercress in a large container or salad bowl and set aside.
- Now we take the cherry tomatoes or traditional tomatoes, thoroughly wash them, and add them to our preparation. It is critical that the tomatoes be added with the peel on this occasion, as they add another level of texture as well as a more distinct flavor when combined with the other salad ingredients.
- Now add half of the onion, sliced into julienne strips.
- We finish this simple preparation with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Everything is in order.
As a suggestion, as with other of our salad recipes, you can experiment with the ingredient combinations a lot with this one. Watercress is also very rich when combined with a little nuts. For example, if you add a handful of chopped nuts to this same preparation, the flavor is accentuated and changed, giving an even more delicious touch and also on the health side helps us maintain and increase the daily absorption of iron for our vegan or vegetarian diet.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 2g