An easy, tasty, and quick way to make this Tuna Potato Egg Salad is one of my favorite summer dishes. You can serve it as an appetizer, garnish, or single dish. It is also perfect to carry in a lunch bag to the beach or the countryside, And the whole family likes it. Is it not a perfect recipe for these summer days?
Potatoes are one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen. Fried, roasted, cooked… Anyway, it’s delicious. But although this tuber always has the shadow of being very caloric, the truth is that it is not as caloric as we think, especially if we prepare it cooked, as is the case with this recipe.
- 4 small potatoes (approximately 350 g)
- 1/2 large onion
- 120 g of tuna in oil or pickled
- 60 g pickled gherkins
- 60 g pitted black olives
- 2 or 3 eggs (depending on size)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Start by cooking the potatoes. I do it with skin and then I coat them, as this way they do not lose the starch during cooking. The exact time will depend on the size of the potato and its variety but is around 25 minutes or so. You'll know they're done when you cane a knife in, pick it up, and the potato slides easily.
- Once they are cooked, let them cool. Then peel them, cut them into cubes, and set them aside.
- Cook the eggs too. Cut them, once ready, into cubes.
- Also, cut the olives and pickles into small pieces. Crumble the tuna.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the olive oil, vinegar, and salt vigorously until you get an emulsion.
- Finally, mix all the ingredients of the salad and dress it with the vinaigrette. Check the seasoning point.
- Store the salad in the fridge until it's time to eat it. The ideal is to take it fresh.
But be careful with the dressing, A salad can stop being a healthy dish if we overdo it. For that reason, I have chosen a vinaigrette of olive oil, vinegar, and salt, ingredients that I have mixed with my new kitchen gadget. It is a Silberthal brand cruet, which you can see in the photo.
It is a very practical utensil to prepare dressings and sauces because we can measure the quantities directly in the container thanks to the fact that it is graduated. Then everything is stirred and conveniently poured into the salad. Also, if you have any sauce or dressing leftover, you can store it in the same cruet and in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 145mgSodium 477mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 17g