- Rib of veal at least 30 cm long. The one I made had three bones and weighed about 3.5kg
- Meat Broth (Pastillas)
- Barbecue sauce to finish
- Preheat your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 60oC/140.0oF.
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and pat them dry. Rub both sides with the crumbled meat pill, season with pepper and bay leaf, and vacuum everything. It's a bit difficult because it's a large piece, but it's doable with a home machine. Empty the corners of the room with your hands.
- Place it in the circulator and wait for the magic to happen.
Dried in the oven and finished:
- Remove the rib from the bag. In a saucepan, combine the liquids. Remove the bay leaves and season with pepper.
- Dry the ribs and place them in the oven on full power up and down to crisp them up. Check to make sure it isn't too harsh. Maximum distance is approximately 15-20m.
- In a saucepan, reduce the liquids until they resemble caramel.
- Remove the ribs, chop them, and serve them to your guests with the reduced sauce or barbecue sauce.
Alternatives for finishing:
- After 5 minutes in the oven, spread it with barbecue sauce and brown it, turning every so often.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 82mgSodium 487mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 24g