This is yet another Slow Cooking Gravy Beef Recipe that you can adapt and prepare in the slow cooker; it’s delicious and juicy! Furthermore, it is an excellent choice for days when you have a thousand things to do and do not have enough time to prepare a delicious homemade meal. The advantage of making it in this pot is that you don’t have to worry about the grill or griddle. This roast beef is ideal for a family dinner or when everyone is sitting in front of the TV watching a movie or playing a game. So, use the slow cooker to make time for yourself or with your family.
- two hass avocados
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- two perita tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- two lb flank steak or churrasco
- 1 chopped large white onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 minced jalapeño, seeded
- Nachos tortilla chips, to taste, to accompany
- To make the guacamole: cut the avocado in half and scoop out the seed. Mash it with a fork and combine it with the onion, jalapeo, and tomato in a mixing bowl. Mix in the lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve, covered.
- To make the roast beef: combine the cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder in a small bowl. Season the meat and add it to the slow cooker with the onion, bell peppers, and jalapeo. Cook on low for 5 hours, covered. Remove the meat from the pan and shred it with a fork.
- Serve with the guacamole on top of the nachos.
- Beef can be substituted for pork or chicken breasts.
- If desired, top with chopped iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1001Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 268mgSodium 865mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 9gSugar 10gProtein 89g