I collaborated with the Crock-Pot® brand to bring you this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole, and I think you’ll enjoy it!
Have they had a full house, or are they saving it for Christmas?
In fact, I enjoy having overnight guests because it gives me an excuse to make a delicious breakfast. My kids prefer cereal, and my husband always requests the same thing: 2 eggs instead of 3 sausage patties.
And then there’s me. I’m here for a pound of potato chips, two or three buttered cookies and jelly, a few slices of bacon, and possibly a scrambled egg or two. Toast, too. Also, pancakes. What about a waffle? Simply give me all of the carbs you have lying around the house, and we’ll call it a day.
It’s nice to have guests to feed, and the holiday season always means there will be guests to feed! For Christmas morning breakfast, I make this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. You can do this in two ways: either let it cook while you sleep and then reheat it when you’re ready to eat, or get up early and start eating lunch.
For this, I like to use my 6.5-quart Crock-Pot® Digital Countdown Slow Cooker. When the time is restored, it automatically switches to keeping the food warm and begins counting the time so you know how long it has cooked. It’s ideal for this casserole because I like to wear it to bed. Don’t be concerned about waking up early to see my casserole! It keeps for about an hour and a half.
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 pounds frozen diced potatoes
- 1 pound diced cooked ham
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 2 teaspoons of pepper divided
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- Coat a 6-8 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Add the milk and 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. To combine, beat everything together thoroughly. Place aside.
- Half of the potatoes should be placed in the slow cooker. Half of the ham should be on top. Finish with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the onion and bell pepper, as well as half of the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the remaining potatoes, ham, and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Cover with the lid after pouring the eggs over the mixture.
- Cook for 6 hours on low heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.
- This casserole is pure comfort food and is sure to please everyone! I think it's the ideal Christmas morning breakfast, especially if you have leftover hams from Christmas Eve!
- Using your Crock-Pot® slow cooker keeps everything warm, steaming, moist, and delicious. There are no dry eggs in this house, people! You're going to adore it!
- For even more delectable slow cooker recipes, go to the Crock-Pot® brand website! Also, click here to save 20% on a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker!
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 277mgSodium 1128mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 27g