We show you how to make roast lamb in the oven in a simple step-by-step method, which is one of the most popular recipes for these dates.
- Leg of suckling lamb, 1
- Coarse salt
- The oven is preheated to 160oC.
- Pour a glass and a half of water into the oven tray. On top, we placed a rack and the lamb with the skin facing down. In no case should the lamb come into contact with water, as this will cause it to cook, which we want to avoid. This step is very well and visually explained in the video.
- We baked the lamb for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 160oC. We open the oven and water with its own juice every 20 minutes.
- We increase the oven temperature to 180oC after 1 hour and 20 minutes and leave it for 10 minutes.
- We take the lamb out and flip it over so the skin is facing up. We reintroduce it and cook it for 30 minutes at 180oC. You must keep an eye on it to see if it is crunchy before we remove it; if it is not crunchy after 30 minutes, it can be left in for an additional 30 minutes without issue until it is crunchy and ready.
- We make the sauce. In a saucepan, melt 2 large tablespoons butter over low heat. Allow all of the game that the lamb has released to reduce for 30 minutes over medium heat. It is used to water the lamb.
- We made baked lamb in a simple manner. We can make this as complicated as we want; we can add garlic and rosemary to the water to add another aroma, or we can experiment with the sauce to make it more complex. Everyone is free here, but the version we taught you is the simplest and looks fantastic.
- We can serve it with roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes, which we can then wash down with the lamb sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 125Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 41mgSodium 326mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 10g