- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 125g diced bacon slices without peel
- 1/2 cup of tasty grated cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs * to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bacon, cheese, bell pepper, onion, corn, herbs, eggs, and olive oil. Combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour, followed by the milk. Combine thoroughly. The consistency of the mixture should be slightly runn
- Fill the muffin tins halfway with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, at 180° C.
- Fresh or frozen corn can be used.
- It's best served hot from the oven with a pat of butter.
- These are freezable.
- If you like the sound of this recipe, try these Cheesy Veggie Muffins.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1324Total Fat 66gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 472mgSodium 3125mgCarbohydrates 122gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 60g