This recipe for salmon with soy sauce and honey is very grateful: it is easy, tasty and quick to prepare. A different way to eat one of the tastiest and most nutritious fish there is.
Soy sauce is an ingredient that gives much play in the kitchen. I like to mix it with honey, which softens and lightens the intense flavor of the soy sauce. Of course, do not add more salt to the fish because with this sauce you already have enough. For this recipe, you can use any honey you have at home.
As a garnish, I have chosen some zucchini cut in the shape of a noodle. For this, I have used a specific device, the kind that cuts the vegetables in a spiral. However, you can cut the zucchini in the traditional way or, if you prefer, accompany this baked salmon with any other garnish.
- 4 Fresh Boneless Salmon Fillets
- 130 ml Soy Sauce
- 70 g of Honey
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 or 2 Zucchini (depending on size)
- Sesame Seeds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preparing The Baked Salmon:
- Ingredients for making salmon with soy sauce and honey:
- Mix the soy sauce and honey: Mix the soy sauce and honey until it is dissolved.
- Marinate the salmon: Make sure the salmon loins are clean and completely free of bones and scales. Marinate the salmon in the honey soy sauce for about 1 hour. I recommend that the container you use be sized to fit the volume of the salmon and that you place the fillets upside down. This way they will take on more flavor.
- Place the fillets face: Once the salmon is marinated, place the fillets face up and sprinkle some sesame seeds on the surface. Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes at 180ºC. Remember that the oven must be preheated. It is important that you do not exceed the baking time so that the fish does not dry out. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the loins and the power of your oven.
- Take it out of the oven: When the salmon is done, take it out of the oven. If you want the texture of the sauce to be somewhat thicker, you can reduce it while preparing the garnish. However, keep in mind that the more concentrated the sauce, the more intensity of flavor it will have.
Prepare The Garnish For The Salmon:
- Cut the onion into julienne strips: While the salmon is cooking you can prepare the garnish. Cut the onion into julienne strips and simmer it with a little extra virgin olive oil. Don't add salt because the sauce already has a lot of flavors.
- Cut the zucchini into a noodle shape: Wash and cut the zucchini into a noodle shape. It is not necessary to remove the skin in principle, although, once the spaghetti is done, if you see any piece that has only skin and no meat, remove it. If you do not have the right utensil, nothing happens, you can cut them into slices or cubes, as you like.
- Add the zucchini strips and saute them: When the onion is well poached, add the zucchini strips and sauté them for 2 or 3 minutes over high heat. If you want, you can season this garnish with a little soy sauce and honey.
- Serve the baked salmon: Finally, serve the baked salmon accompanied by the zucchini noodles.
Tips for preparing baked salmon with soy sauce and honey:
- Want a trick to soften the soy sauce while adding more texture? Add a generous knob of butter. It is true that it adds more calories to the dish, but it adds a very rich touch to the sauce.
- As I mentioned above, I advise you not to overdo it when sauteing the zucchini strips, as they are so thin that they cook quickly.
- If you have any leftover soy sauce and honey, don't throw it away. It is full of flavor and you can use it to dress salads and vegetables, accompany other meats and fish, or even to enrich a stew.
- In order for the salmon to get all the flavor of the soy and honey, I like to marinate the loins for about 1 hour. If you do not have this time it is not serious. Shorten the marinating time as needed.
- I have used fresh salmon fillets, but you can use the cut of this fish that you prefer.
- Do you have to control the salt in your diet? In that case, you can use a low-salt soy sauce. It will also be very rich.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 640Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 143mgSodium 2069mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 18gProtein 56g