You don’t have to be a professional chef to make these salmon patties and add a gourmet touch to our table. A dish that will go down well with our guests.
Empanadas come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with fillings as varied as the cook’s imagination. The salmon in this recipe surprises with its delicacy of flavor, as does the combination of a melt-in-your-mouth puff pastry and sautéed vegetables.
This preparation is appropriate for those on a low-saturated-fat diet. Salmon contains essential nutrients that help the body fix vitamins and calcium, which are needed to strengthen bones, the nervous system, and the immune system.
Preparing and serving salmon patties, hot or cold, is a culinary luxury that we must experience in our kitchen.
- 250 gr. skinless salmon
- 2 cups of fish or vegetable broth
- 1 large onion
- 1 roasted red pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- I beaten egg
Healthy salmon patty preparation:
- To make the dough, combine the sifted flour, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk and the oil.
- Pour the liquid in small amounts over the flour, stirring with a fork as you go. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until they form a homogeneous dough that comes off the sides of the bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes after wrapping in plastic wrap.
- In the meantime, prepare the salmon filling. Blanch the fish in vegetable or fish broth for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into small pieces. In a frying pan, heat a little oil and sauté the vegetables. Pour in the tomato sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Separate the dough into two parts. Sprinkle flour on the counter and roll the dough very thinly, forming it into a square or round shape as desired.
- Place one half on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled. Place the sofrito on top, followed by the shredded salmon and the second layer of dough. Close the patty after pricking the surface with a fork.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
Serving the salmon patty with a good white wine is a good idea. Do you want to try this delicious dish?
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2431Total Fat 124gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 97gCholesterol 607mgSodium 2835mgCarbohydrates 129gFiber 8gSugar 17gProtein 200g