- 200 g of smoked salmon (slice or loin) or assorted smoked
- 130 g of pasta to taste
- 100g fresh basil leaves (stem removed)
- 200 g of Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 70 g pine nuts
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- Heat the water with a small spoonful of salt over medium heat, then add the pasta for the time indicated on the package (this will vary depending on the type).
- We separate the basil leaves from the stem (because it is bitter), wash them, and thoroughly dry them. It is best to spread them between two sheets of kitchen paper and lightly press them. Basil is a delicate plant that responds differently in the recipe depending on the amount of water it receives. We peel and cut the garlic while they dry (important to remove the germ, central green area).
- We toast the pine nuts in a frying pan (without oil) over medium heat, being careful not to burn them. The basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan, 80-100 ml oil, and salt are then combined in a blender or Thermomix. To give this pasta with smoked salmon -without cream- a smooth and creamy touch, we must thoroughly combine all of the pesto ingredients until the consistency of a sauce is achieved. When we have achieved the desired sauce texture, we add the remaining oil.
- Finally, once the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and transfer it to a container. We add the sauce and the smoked salmon, cut to taste and depending on the format (loin or slice). Stir in some basil leaves and a smoked salmon rose or cubes in the center to finish.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 692Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 42gCholesterol 43mgSodium 1779mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 19g