I was dying to share the recipe for Frittata with Salmon and Bimi! A healthy, tasty, and simple dish, the three S’s that must be present for me to enjoy eating well. You can already picture the ingredients: eggs, onion, salmon… a total of six to make a frittata with a spectacular appearance and flavor.
Let’s get to the recipe, but first, before the Italians come for me, a note about what a frittata is: a traditional frittata is finer and usually only has a couple of ingredients on top of the eggs. However, my goal was to make a very complete dish with vegetables, fish, and cheese… which is why this frittata has grown a little. Of course, what hasn’t changed is how quickly it’s completed: exactly 20 minutes!
In case you haven’t heard of the bimi, I’ll explain what we’re talking about. It is a vegetable from the same family as broccoli, but with a milder flavor and something more tender; in fact, I use either of them in this recipe. Broccoli and bimi are both very nutritious vegetables. Salmon, on the other hand, should be smoked or cured, and it’s much better if you cure it yourself at home, which I’ll explain how to do in this other post: Cured Salmon.
Now, we’re going to beat eggs and try this Recipe for Frittata with Salmon and Bimi, which you’ll definitely make again.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs of broccoli or bimi
- 10 slices of cured or smoked salmon
- 1/2 ball of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced (optional)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- The oven is preheated to 180oC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Reservation.
- Sauté the onion for a few minutes over medium heat in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook for another 7 minutes after adding the bimi. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan after the vedaras have been removed to a plate.
- To begin to set, give the paddle a few turns over low-medium heat. Distribute the vegetables throughout the frittata, followed by the salmon and bimi. Allow the frittata to set for 5 minutes without moving it. After that, place the pan in the oven (remember to remove the handle from your pan if it is not metallic or transfer it to a round baking dish). Bake for another 5 minutes at 180oC to allow the mozzarella to melt and the frittata to finish curdling.
- Remove from the oven and serve; I prefer it warm, but it's also delicious cold the next morning for breakfast.
- You can substitute 14 cup cottage cheese or a few pieces of fresh cheese for the mozzarella.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 192mgSodium 484mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 11g