These muffins flavored with roscón de Reyes are perfect for those who still do not dare with the original version of this famous Christmas sweet. Prepare them at home and enjoy all their flavor quickly and easily.
Although the roscóon de Reyes and the muffins are two completely different preparations, the simple presence of the orange blossom water, the citrus fruits and the candied fruit will immediately evoke the aroma of the original bun. As soon as you taste a bite you will think: “This tastes like Roscón.
Much easier to prepare, these roscon de Reyes muffins will allow you to enjoy such an endearing flavor with very little effort. Unlike the roscón or rosca de Reyes, the muffin dough does not need leavening or resting time, so in a little while you will have them ready to accompany your breakfast or snack.
If you are an advantageous student in baking and you prefer the classic roscón, here is a recipe for roscón de Reyes that doesn’t fail. I make it every year and it comes out wonderfully.
- 230 g whipping cream
- 250 g of all-purpose wheat flour
- 3 eggs M
- 170 g white sugar
- 60 g of melted butter
- 25 g orange blossom water
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1/2 orange
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g of candied or candied fruit
- sliced almonds
- A little more sugar to decorate
- A little more flour to coat the candied fruits
- Start by cutting the candied fruits into small cubes. Set aside a few to decorate the surface of the muffins and lightly coat the rest with a pinch of flour.
- Add the candied fruits that you had coated with flour and mix them gently.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220º with heat up and down. Place the pieces of paper or molds that you are going to use to make the muffins on a tray like the one seen in the photo below.
- On the other hand, beat the eggs together with the sugar with a wire mixer or food processor. Beat for 3-4 minutes, until white and very frothy.
- Now add the cream, the melted butter, the citrus zest and the orange blossom water . Mix until everything is integrated.
- Sift the flour together with the yeast. Add the pinch of salt . Beat the dough on low speed just enough so that there are no lumps of flour. You can finish integrating the flour with a pastry tongue.
- After the resting time, distribute the dough into the molds. Decorate with the fruits that you had reserved, the sliced almonds and a little sugar moistened with water.
- Put the muffins in the oven preheated to 220º. After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 180º and bake them for about 15 more minutes.
- To check that they are done , stick a toothpick in the central area. If it comes out clean, take it out of the oven.
- Finally, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The baking time that I indicate is indicative . This will depend on the size of the molds you are using and the characteristics of your oven.
- The amounts of ingredients indicated you get to 9 muffins well bigs . If you don't have papers like the ones in the photo, you can use the typical muffin-making .
- The amounts of ingredients indicated you get to 9 muffins well bigs . If you don't have papers like the ones in the photo, you can use the typical muffin-making capsules .
- These are usually smaller than the molds that I have used, so the dough will yield more. The baking time will also be shorter.
- It is important that you transfer the muffins to a rack once they have come out of the oven. If you let them cool on the tray itself, the paper will get moistened by the steam that is still inside the muffin .
- In case you've wondered, we coat the candied fruits in flour to prevent them from going to the bottom of each muffin . Also use this trick every time you add pieces of a certain size to the dough of a sponge cake.
- Store the muffins in a tightly closed container so they don't get hard.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 9
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 105mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 3gSugar 40gProtein 10g