Chocolate and raspberry cupcakes, a gourmet dessert. With a 70% cocoa dark chocolate coating and the acidic flavor of raspberries. A dessert with a juicy texture that you will enjoy. We made Cordovan cake in another Okdiario-recipes article, and today we’re making chocolate cakes with a delicious red fruit, the raspberry.
Red fruits, such as blackberries and raspberries, are high in antioxidants and low in calories compared to other fruits, such as peaches, apricots, and bananas.
They were difficult to find in Spain a few years ago, except in frozen form, and fresh ones were prohibitively expensive. Today, you can find red fruits in any supermarket; they come in small packages, and the price/quantity ratio is still somewhat high, but you can already find blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries for less than 2 euros.
- 110 g all-purpose flour
- 150g sugar
- 80 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 125 ml of water
- 85g butter
- 80 ml of sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 150 g of chopped 60-70% cocoa chocolate
- 300 ml of liquid cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. 12 raspberries should be set aside, and the rest should be cut into small pieces.
- Place the cupcake papers or tulips in a cupcake mold; you can also make them with baking paper. This keeps the cupcakes from sticking together while baking.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and combine with the cocoa powder, salt, and bicarbonate.
- Create a volcano out of the flour, leaving a hole in the center.
- On the other hand, combine the wet ingredients, including the water, oil, butter, and vanilla aroma.
- Pour the wet ingredients, as well as the eggs, into the 'volcano' hole that we made earlier.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet until a homogeneous dough is formed, using a whisk or a mixer. Add the raspberry pieces after the mixture has been blended.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan and bake at 180°F for 22-25 minutes.
The chocolate ganache
- Let's make the ganache while the chocolate and raspberry cupcakes bake.
- Chop or grate the chocolate using a grater or a chopper.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream until it smokes but does not boil, then remove from the heat. Allow for two minutes resting time after adding the grated chocolate.
- After the chocolate has melted for two minutes, we stir until the ingredients are combined and we have our ganache. Allow it to cool before placing it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are done baking, we remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- When the cupcakes are cool enough to handle, we top them with ganache. Using a pastry bag or a Zip type bag, add the ganache, cut a small piece from the end of the bag, and top with the chocolate.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2601Total Fat 155gSaturated Fat 63gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 64gCholesterol 542mgSodium 1124mgCarbohydrates 250gFiber 46gSugar 86gProtein 59g