- 3 potatoes
- 400 gr of mozzarella cheese
- 300 gr of bacon or bacon strips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- Bread crumbs
- Fresh coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- The first step is to thoroughly wash the potatoes before cutting them into quarters. Now, in a pot with plenty of salted water, cook them for 20-25 minutes over medium-high heat.
- While the potatoes cook, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry them in a frying pan with a little oil. We'll cook it for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, or until it's golden brown and crisp. Then we remove it and place it on kitchen paper to absorb the remaining oil.
- Reserve the fresh coriander, which should be chopped as finely as possible. When the potatoes are done, drain them and set them aside to cool. After that, we peel them with a spoon to remove all of the skin.
- We place the cooked potatoes in a container and grind them until pureed. This is significant because the more ground they are, the better the texture of our cheese-filled sticks will be. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped cilantro, fried bacon, and cream.
- We thoroughly mix everything until it is homogeneous and all of the ingredients are completely integrated. To make the filling, cut the cheese into strips about 6 cm long and 1 cm thick.
- We will now take a portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a ball with our hands. Then we'll crush it between our hands, making it as thin as possible. We put a strip of cheese on top and roll it in the potato mixture, trying to hide it completely.
- We'll give it a cylindrical shape with a plate, rolling each stick gently with one hand until it's perfect. We repeat this procedure until we have used up all of the potato mixture, reserving the sticks for later.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on a plate. Each potato stick will now be dipped in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs. We'll repeat the process with each one to make them crunchier.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat plenty of oil for frying, and when it is hot, add the sticks to fry on all sides until golden brown.
- We take the potato sticks out and place them on absorbent paper for a few moments to absorb the excess oil. Our cheese-stuffed potato sticks can now be served with our favorite homemade sauce. Have a wonderful meal!!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1878Total Fat 121gSaturated Fat 51gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 63gCholesterol 611mgSodium 4601mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 119g