A very simple pasta recipe, ideal for cooking on the weekend or on a daily basis. And, let’s face it, who doesn’t enjoy some garlic prawns? If you add a little pasta and a spicy touch, you have a luxurious dish.
To succeed with this recipe, we’ll need high-quality ingredients, and we’ll use the right pasta for the job, such as Garofalo long pasta, Spaguettini, or Puorc, which are made with durum wheat semolina and have a rough surface that helps the pasta grip the sauce well.
Shrimp and prawns in ajillo are a popular Spanish dish and one of my favorite tapas, especially when paired with a glass of white wine or a cold beer. Shrimp is a shellfish that lives in seas all over the world and is high in minerals like phosphorus and iodine.
Its price has recently dropped significantly, and I’m using it more and more in my kitchen. Frozen, you can have it on hand for any recipe, whether it’s a tapa with eels, a little broth or dry rice, a sea-flavored salad, or a simple Russian salad. A high-end ingredient that adds a special touch to any dish. I’ll leave it with you, and as always, I encourage you to prepare it.
- 500 g. Garofalo spaguettini (Spaguettini long pasta)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 chilli or peppercorns
- 500 g. of prawns, prawns or prawns (fresh or frozen)
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A splash of red vermouth or brandy
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley (if you like it for presentation)
Prawn preparation with garlic and peppercorns :
- The garlic cloves are peeled. We cut them into thin slices to allow them to brown quickly.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown, in a good extra virgin olive oil in a casserole. We add a little chilli or pepperoni, and if you like it spicy, you can add more. I'm always at home.
- For about 2 minutes, we gently stir everything to combine the flavors.
- We peel the prawns and remove the intestine (the black thread in the middle) before adding them to the casserole with the garlic and chili.
- We only cooked the prawns for about 2 minutes, without overcooking them. Just enough to turn the water pink. Transfer to a plate and season with salt (fat or flakes).
- Allow to reduce to high heat with a splash of brandy, cognac, or rum. One minute is allotted.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir everything together with a wooden spoon to combine all of the flavors and remove from the heat. We keep some back to mix with the spaghetti later.
Preparing the spaghettini and putting it all together:
- The garlic prawns should always come before the spaghettini, not the other way around. We heat in a large casserole; in this case, I keep a large casserole on hand for this type of preparation.
- One liter of water is required for every 100 grams of pasta, which is the recommended amount per person.
- These proportions, which are usually indicated on the package, aid in the pasta not sticking together. And, whenever possible, use the largest casserole in your kitchen. When it begins to boil, add 1 generous handful of salt, approximately 2 level tablespoons per 500g. pasta.
- Then we always add the spaghettini all at once. We stir with a wooden spoon to keep the spaghetti from sticking and to keep it loose. The cooking time is listed on the back of the pasta package; we must follow these instructions because each type differs; in this case, it is 6 minutes. It would take about 11 minutes if they were spaghetti. As a result, we will have pasta that is "al dente," or just right.
- When the timer goes off, we immediately drain the pasta and combine it with the accompaniment. We add the freshly made spaghetti to the sauce and mix everything together with a spoon to ensure that the flavors blend well. We serve them hot.
- Of course, it's a simple and quick dish to prepare, but it's also delicious. Do not give up, and you will tell me...
- When peeling the garlic cloves, I recommend removing the germ or the central stem (this way we avoid that the sauce repeats us). I like it with the touch of heat that the chilli adds, but if you don't like spice, simply leave it out. Each person's preference.
- If you have some extra time, you can add some prawn, prawn, or prawn broth. You can add a few tablespoons of this juice to this dish to enhance the sea flavors and mix well with the garlic and chili oil.
- It's not difficult; we'll use the prawn parts we won't eat to flavor our spaghetti. Make the most of this seafood, which has a price, even if it is not exorbitant. To add a green touch, we optionally garnish each plate with a little chopped fresh parsley, in this case with a bay leaf.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 213mgSodium 1568mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 32g