This recipe for pasta with gorgonzola and walnuts is dedicated to both cheese lovers and those who do not have much time to cook. In little more than it takes to cook the pasta, you can enjoy a delicious dish full of flavor, you’ll see.
Gorgonzola cheese is in charge of giving this recipe personality. It is a blue cheese very present in Italian gastronomy. Although there are two varieties, spicy and sweet, in Spain it is more common to find the latter. In fact, it is with which I have made this recipe.
As I said above, cheese lovers will enjoy this dish as beautiful, as the gorgonzola has an intense and marked flavor . To compensate for this intensity in the recipe it is mixed with a little cream cheese. If you have children at home or you don’t like very strong flavors, you can change the ratio between gorgonzola and cream cheese to your liking.
- 300 g of short pasta
- 250 g gorgonzola cheese
- 140 g cream cheese
- 200 g of cooking cream *
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 80 g walnuts
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- chives for garnish (optional)
- When I make a pasta dish I prefer to start by preparing the sauce and then I put the pasta to cook. This way it doesn't dry out while I wait for the sauce to be ready.
- However, since this cheese sauce is so quick to make, it's okay to do both steps at the same time.
- That is why we are going to start by cooking the pasta in plenty of salted water. I prefer it al dente , but that depends on taste.
- On the other hand, in a wide frying pan or casserole, heat the cream . When it has taken temperature add both types of cheese and pepper . Stir until they melt and form a cream.
- Add the chopped walnuts and correct the salt if necessary.
- Now add the cooked and well-drained pasta to the sauce. Mix all ingredients. If you want the sauce to be lighter you can add a little cooking water to the pasta.
- Serve the pasta freshly made and, if you feel like it, decorated with the chopped chives.
- Gorgonzola cheese adds a lot of flavor to the dish, so I don't think it's necessary to add more salt. However, if it's bland for you, give it a bit.
- In this recipe it is important to serve the pasta freshly made and while it is still hot. If we let it cool, the cheese sauce will thicken and be less pleasant to eat.
- Whenever you cook pasta, reserve some of the cooking water to reduce the thickness of the sauce if necessary.
- If you can't find gorgonzola cheese, you can make the recipe with any other blue cheese .
- You can decorate the plate with chives, as in the photo, or with another aromatic herb . It is also very rich with a touch of Parmesan cheese , a classic of Italian recipes.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 3051Total Fat 247gSaturated Fat 126gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 104gCholesterol 555mgSodium 3496mgCarbohydrates 123gFiber 11gSugar 16gProtein 97g