When we want to treat ourselves and eat something casual while taking care of ourselves, these parsnip chips can be a good option. By baking rather than frying, we obtain a light but tasty and unique preparation.
Parsnip is a root that is typically used to make broth and is rarely used in other types of recipes. So today I’m going to tell you that it’s a fantastic ingredient to use in a variety of recipes, both sweet and savory. Its high mineral and vitamin content, including folic acid and vitamin B9, makes it ideal for women of childbearing age. It is low in calories, easy to digest, and has a high fiber content that will help us fill up and avoid constipation.
To go with them, I made a sauce with an avocado base and a touch of honey and garlic. This sauce will provide our bodies with healthy fats as well as a creaminess that will make them taste even better. When serving, a sprinkle of coarse salt on top looks great… don’t forget to add it!
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powde
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- The parsnips should be washed and peeled. Make chips out of them. Pour them into a mixing bowl with the 2 tablespoons oil, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. Stir thoroughly to ensure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients on the list. Reserve.
- Spread out the parsnip chips on a baking sheet lined with nonstick paper and bake at 200oC for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, with coarse salt on top and the avocado sauce on the side.
- Note: You will almost certainly have some sauce left over, which you can store in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge and use the next day to dress a salad.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 846Total Fat 71gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 57gCholesterol 0mgSodium 111mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 20gSugar 14gProtein 8g