- 1 cup of orange juice
- 3 cups of wheat flour previously sifted
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- Zest of an orange
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180 C). Prepare a cake pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, then whisk the whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and yolks. Beat the mixture until it is homogeneous. Mix in the zest and orange juice thoroughly.
- Add the baking powder and flour in small amounts. To keep the air in the egg whites, incorporate the beaten egg whites until stiff, using enveloping movements with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a well-greased and floured baking dish. With tea or coffee, serve the orange cake.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1764Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 55gCholesterol 279mgSodium 601mgCarbohydrates 267gFiber 7gSugar 117gProtein 30g