- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon masala salt
- ½ teaspoon kasoori methi
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Combine cinnamon, cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, star anise, and bay leaf in a mixing bowl. Stir for 30 seconds to allow the oil to absorb the flavors and aroma.
- Cook until the onion is slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 1 minute, or until the smell goes away. Stir in the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Allow the sauce to reduce for 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in the salt. Stir in the mushrooms until they are completely covered in sauce.
- Pour in the water and cook the mushrooms in the sauce for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightly soft. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes after adding the powdered cashews and garam masala. Break the kasoori methi into small pieces and combine with the flour; remove from the heat and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 386mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 3g