For Barman in Red, this is the melon liqueur of choice; others exist, but none have achieved the color and magic that Midori (in Japanese, it means “green”) exudes; in addition to its flavor, it allows us to create surprising green cocktails.
For Barman in Red, it is a very versatile liquor for mixing, with a premium quality and a very reasonable price, a bright green color and a delicious sweet melon flavor.
Suntory (makers of whiskey and beer) launched Midori in the United States in 1978 at a party held at New York City’s famous Studio 54 club. Suntory Beam now owns it following the merger of the two companies in 2014.
- 1 oz (30 ml) Midori
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) Vodka
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lemon- lime top soda
- Combine the first three ingredients in a low glass filled with ice.
- Fill with lemon-lime soda (such as 7Up or Sprite).
- We combine everything with a spoon.
- Decorate with a green candied melon wedge.
- It has a medium transparency and light consistency, a green color, and aromas of sweet melon on the nose. It has a refreshing entry with a balanced sweetness and citrus notes on the palate.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 4gSugar 41gProtein 2g