- 1 can (28 oz.) Tomatillos, drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup coriander leaves, washed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Annatto (ground annatto)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin, Ground (ground cumin)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano, Whole Mexican
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground (ground black pepper)
- 4 cups of cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) hominy, washed and drained
- In a blender glass, combine the tomatillos, onion, cilantro, garlic, achiote, cumin, oregano, and 1 cup of the chicken broth; blend until smooth. Blend the sauce until it is smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Combine the mixture with the remaining chicken broth, shredded chicken, and hominy in a slow cooker. Put a lid on the pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on low heat. Garnish the pozole with your preferred garnishes, such as avocado, cilantro, radish, red cabbage, and lime, before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 719Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 261mgSodium 2663mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 72g