Homemade Cheese Dip is extremely simple to make and only requires a few ingredients: heavy cream, cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan, and mustard to begin, heat your cream over medium heat. We don’t want to boil the cream; we just want it to be very hot before adding the cream cheese. Stir in the mustard until everything is well combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the freshly grated Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp ground or liquid mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (or Gruyère cheese)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter and heat over medium heat until the butter and cream cheese have melted.
- Combine the ground mustard and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar and Parmesan until smooth and creamy.
- Because the sauce thickens as it cools, serve immediately.
- To reheat, add a splash of cream and microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring in between, until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and hot.
- If your cheese sauce is too thick or too thin for your liking, add more cheese to thicken or more cream to thin.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 618Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 174mgSodium 814mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 19g