When the temperatures rise, the last thing you want to do is prepare and eat new recipes. This key lime pie is an example of a soft dessert with a citrus flavor that emphasizes its freshness. It is simple to prepare, and the presentation is very appealing. It can also be served as a dessert or as a light breakfast or snack. It’s a great dessert for kids to help make because it’s so simple to make and yields such good results.
- 150 gr of wholemeal or maria type cookies.
- 65 g of butter
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- 350 gr of condensed milk
- 150 ml lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 clear
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, for a few seconds, melt the butter in the microwave.
Crush the cookies by hand or with a food processor.
- Combine the crushed cookies, butter, and spoonfuls of sugar in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth. No problem if there are a few slightly larger pieces left.
- Line an oven-safe mold with paper and press this mixture into it. To crisp up, bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, zest, and vanilla extract for a few minutes. Continue to beat in the condensed milk and lime juice until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Spread the cream over the cookies and bake for 15/20 minutes, or until the cream is set.
- Meanwhile, make the meringue by first beating the whites until stiff, then adding the sugar and vanilla and gently stirring with a spatula to combine.
- When the cake is cool enough to handle, spread the meringue on top and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- This key lime pie is perfect for adding a touch of freshness to a hearty meal or for another occasion. Go ahead and try it at home; you will not be disappointed, and you will do it again.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1651Total Fat 67gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 406mgSodium 680mgCarbohydrates 250gFiber 3gSugar 216gProtein 23g