- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 small jicama (about 1 1/4 lbs.), peeled and julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- ¼ head red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced lengthwise, rinsed, and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes
- Put cut vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag at home. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a small resealable plastic bag or container, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, minced cilantro, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, and chile flakes. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- At the campsite, combine the dressing with the vegetables, shake to combine thoroughly, and set aside for 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. If desired, serve garnished with cilantro.
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional analysis is per serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 526Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1143mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 15gSugar 14gProtein 4g