Cold starters are ideal for preparing ahead of time and having ready to celebrate with the family on Christmas Day without having to slave in the kitchen. Although cold, these starters will bring the warmth of Italian cuisine to our Christmas table because they are quick, easy to prepare, and unique. Tarallini are bread spikes from Italy. They can be replaced with breadcrumbs alone.
If you want to make a delicious roll, try this recipe for cold meatloaf with tuna and potatoes, which is both delicious and elegant. Make some glasses of tomatoes with ricotta and almonds for a quick and healthy meal. Do you want to make a statement with a unique starter? Try this mortadella sushi with cheese and pistachios recipe. If you’re pressed for time, go for the express starter of ham and cheese turrets.
- 500 grams of potatoes
- 320 grams of tuna in oil
- 100 grams of cheese to spread
- 2 carrots
- 10/15 cooked green beans
- 150 grams of tarallini
- 1 teaspoon pickled capers
- 1 teaspoon pitted olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cube of butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil until tender.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin sticks before frying them in a cube of butter.
- Make the mashed potatoes, then add the cream cheese, salt, and fresh parsley. Stir well and set aside.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil on the counter, brush it with oil, and spoon a small amount of batter into the center.
- Roll out the dough with a spoon and top with carrot sticks, green beans, and tuna. Add a pinch of salt. Pour more batter on top until the cake is oval.
- Wrap the roll in paper and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Make the breading while it cools. Place the tarallini, olives, capers, lemon peel, and parsley in a blender glass. Grind thoroughly.
- Remove the wrap from the refrigerator, spread the breading on top, and press to soak it in the dough.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Which of these cold appetizers are you going to make for Christmas? Leave us a comment with your Christmas menu to inspire other chefs. Share these recipes on social media. Your friends will appreciate your assistance in creating a unique Christmas menu this year.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 454Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 47mgSodium 747mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 33g