Do you enjoy recipes that call for puff pastry? So, on RecetasGratis, we show you how to make puff pastry easily, step by step, and with the tricks you need to know to get the perfect texture and flavor.
This is one of the most difficult homemade preparations to make. It is a basic dough that is worked, butter is added, folded, and stretched, then allowed to cool and repeated the process to achieve a homogeneous integration of the fat, and then when baked, some are left in thin crispy layers that break when biting into the puff pastry.
But don’t worry, because you can make a variety of dishes, both sweet and savory, with this simple and inexpensive puff pastry recipe (in which we reveal all the secrets to making a good puff pastry). In addition, in the final step, you will find a list of our recommendations. Give it a shot!
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 grams of butter
- 1 cup of cold water
- To begin, make a list of all the ingredients for the simple and inexpensive puff pastry recipe before proceeding with its preparation. Remember that this preparation takes time, so pay attention to each step and remember that a good puff pastry is made with the same amount of flour and butter.
- Place the wheat flour in a mixing bowl where we will begin making our easy puff pastry dough. Add the salt and use the flour to form a crown or volcano in the center.
- In the center of the crown, add the cold water and begin to mix until it forms a dough that can be kneaded with your hands.
- It is critical that the butter be room temperature. Cut into medium squares and set aside to be incorporated into our puff pastry.
- Flour a flat surface and roll the dough out with a rolling pin. Wrap about two or three squares of butter in the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough over the margarine, completely covering it, and stretch again, adding flour to the table and the dough as needed until all of the butter is completely integrated. Refrigerate the freshly made puff pastry for approximately 30 minutes.
- Once it's ready, as shown in the photo, we can stretch it out and use it to make any type of sweet or salty preparation, such as puff pastry for empanadas or pizza.
- In this case, I provide an example of a step-by-step puff pastry recipe, such as the prawn-stuffed volcanoes pictured.
- Once the simple and inexpensive puff pastry is ready, we can use it to make a variety of dishes. Keep in mind that the most important aspect of this dough is the turns that are made in it, as this is how the layers in the puff pastry are formed.
- Preparing puff pastry by hand is much more labor intensive than making other types of dough because it is considered one of the most difficult to master in the kitchen, but we are confident that if you follow this puff pastry recipe step by step, you will get perfect preparation because, as you well know, the secrets to making a good puff pastry lie in the thin layers that form when delicately broiling the dough
- Allowing the dough to cool as it stretches is an important step in making classic puff pastry because it allows the starches to swell, the dough to soften, and the butter layers to come together completely. As a result, it is recommended that the puff pastry be allowed to cool for 1 hour before placing it in the fridge oven.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2703Total Fat 205gSaturated Fat 129gTrans Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 61gCholesterol 538mgSodium 1683mgCarbohydrates 191gFiber 7gSugar 1gProtein 28g