- 1 cloves of garlic
- 250 cc of white wine
- 250 g of Gruyere cheese
- 250 g of Emental
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 30 cc kirsch (cherry liqueur), can be replaced by more white wine
- 200 g of bread in pieces
- Coarsely grate the cheeses.
- Garlic should be rubbed into the pot or caquelón where the fondue will be prepared.
- Heat the wine until it reaches a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir continuously in a figure-eight pattern.
- Add the nutmeg after the cheeses have melted.
- Dilute the starch with the kirsh or white wine and add it to the cheeses, constantly mixing.
- Serve with crusty bread and, if desired, vegetables.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 7958Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 69mgSodium 1154mgCarbohydrates 265gFiber 2gSugar 92gProtein 30g