- 2 kg of leg of lamb
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 8 garlic cloves, cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 grated lemon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 onions
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius.
- With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the lamb and insert the garlic slices.
- The rest of the ingredients should be placed on top of the lamb.
- Bake for about 9 hours, covered with two layers of aluminum foil.
- Remove the oil by pouring in the liquid. Quickly bring to a boil and reduce. Adjust the flavor to your preference by adding a splash of wine, salt and pepper, extra honey, or peppermint. If necessary, thicken with a little cornmeal mixed with a little water.
- If necessary, brown the top of the leg briefly under the grill.
- Slice the garlic into thin slices.
- Instead of the onion, substitute a 50g packet of purple onion soup.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1424Total Fat 83gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 465mgSodium 370mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 129g