- 15 g of extra virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- 200 g of onion
- 700 g of pumpkin puree
- 200 g of thick bechamel sauce
- 100 g of Parmesan cheese (or Grana padano)
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and ground black pepper
- We use parchment paper to line the base of a mold release mold 18 cm in diameter and butter to grease the walls.
- Remove any excess breadcrumbs by turning the mold over and tapping it gently. In brunoise, peel and chop the onion.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and sauté it, stirring occasionally, over a low heat for ten minutes, or until it acquires a transparent tone.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and béchamel sauce.
- Transfer to a separate container and combine with the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Cook for about an hour in a preheated oven at 160oC.
- We increase the temperature to 180 oC and bake for another 15 minutes. We turn off the oven and allow the cake to cool for about 30 minutes before shaping it.
- After this time, we remove it from the mold and allow it to cool slightly before unmolding.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 699Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 257mgSodium 1432mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 13gSugar 22gProtein 28g