Gnocchi with pesto is one of the best Italian gastronomic recipes to have arrived in our country. The gnocchi, which are delicious portions of transformed potato chips in the sky, is a simple dish that can be prepared at a time, making it less complicated than fresh pasta. Pesto, possibly one of the most well-known sauces, not only complements any pasta but also blends seamlessly into every bite of gnocchi in a film of flavor and incredible textures. Take note of this gnocchi with pesto if you want to prepare an intense and delicate dish based on vegetable ingredients. They will look like new arrivals from Italy.
- 600 gr of potatoes
- 150 gr of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 10 sprigs of basil
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pecorino cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 120 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- We begin by making the delicious sauce that will accompany our gnocchi with pesto. Pesto is a traditional Mediterranean recipe par excellence; its base is the healthiest, and it is worth having on hand for any type of pasta or gnocchi that we want to elevate to a new level of flavor.
- Brown the pine nuts in a pan, preferably without oil, so they don't become too greasy. To chop them, we'll use a blender or a mortar and pestle.
We do the same thing with the garlic, peeling and chopping it in the same mortar as the pine nuts or in the blender.
- We'll separate the basil leaves from the stem and chop them like the rest of the ingredients.
- We combine these three flavors in a bowl, then grate the two cheeses on top and drizzle with olive oil. We'll have a fantastic pesto sauce if we combine everything thoroughly.
- We make homemade gnocchi by washing the potatoes and cooking them in water and salt for about 30 minutes. When they're ready, we peel them and run them through the mill.
- Knead the flour into the mashed potatoes before adding the egg, oil, and salt. We'll have the gnocchi base in no time. We will make a cylinder out of this dough and cut it into 1 or 2 centimeter pieces to give it the traditional shape of gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi with water and salt for about 5 minutes; they will be ready in no time. We just need to add a little something extra with the pesto sauce on top. We can dress up the plate with some basil leaves and more grated cheese to make them look like they've just arrived from Italy.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1240Total Fat 74gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 59gCholesterol 103mgSodium 3420mgCarbohydrates 125gFiber 10gSugar 4gProtein 23g