Four Bean Salad is a refreshing side dish for those hot summer nights!
Bean salad, a colorful mix of canned beans mixed with a spicy dressing, is a great summer side dish or a favorite to share!
This traditional bean salad is a light and easy side dish that can be prepared ahead of time. It’s ideal for any barbecue or meal.
This dressing is so simple and adaptable; if you want it to be less spicy, simply add more sugar. I used canned green beans, but fresh green beans are also an option. Do this on the weekend and you’ll be able to enjoy it for the rest of the week! The longer you sit, the better it gets.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 14.5 oz can chickpeas
- 1 15 oz can green beans
- 1 15 oz can waxed beans
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 2 oz jar bell peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Set aside the sugar, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place all of the canned beans and peppers in a large mixing bowl after draining and rinsing them. Mix in the onion, parsley, and dressing until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 803Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1210mgCarbohydrates 145gFiber 30gSugar 57gProtein 33g