- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 7 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups bacon chunks
- 2 chives
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- Puff pastry should be used to line a pie or quiche plate.
- Lightly whisk the eggs with the milk.
- In the cake pan, arrange the bacon.
- Combine the egg and milk mixture.
- Sprinkle the chives on top.
- Make a border of mushrooms around the edge of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 ° C, or until firm to the touch.
- Tomatoes can be used in place of mushrooms around the edge and center of the cake halfway through the cooking time.
- 12 cup cheese can also be added to the egg and milk mixture. I've made it both ways and each time it's been delicious.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 993Total Fat 67gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 42gCholesterol 765mgSodium 2101mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 66g