- 1 l of chicken broth
- 200 gr of chicken breast
- 200 gr of canned or frozen sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cm fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- We begin this simple soup by preparing the two tablespoons of cornstarch that will give it the necessary consistency. We'll use two tablespoons, but if we want it thicker or thinner, we'll adjust the amount of this ingredient.
- We combine the cornstarch with a small amount of cold broth and heat the remainder in a saucepan.
- we'll continue with the chicken, seasoning it and cutting it into pieces that are roughly the same size.
- we cook the chicken in the broth until it is tender. We remove the chicken and combine it with the garlic and ginger to add another layer of flavor. We can crumble it to make it more easily incorporated into the soup.
- We return the chicken to the broth and add the corn. We can use this ingredient canned or frozen; in either case, it will be exactly what we need to complete the recipe.
- we cook the corn on the fire for about 4 minutes. We'll season to taste and let everything come together.
- It's time to thicken the soup with the cornstarch we diluted with the cold broth. We mix until we reach the desired consistency.
- while stirring, we added the egg whites. As we mix, egg threads form.
- this delectable soup is served with a few drops of hot soy sauce. The end result is one of the best soups we can make in 20 minutes, a comforting and complete spoon dish.
- One of the best recipes for this time of year is corn soup with chicken.
- This type of soup is very simple to make, making it ideal for those dinners or fast foods where we must be mindful of what we eat.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 684Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 191mgSodium 5572mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 81g