- 600 gr of sausages of your choice
- ½ liter of chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- This sausage with curry sauce recipe is very straightforward. To begin, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the sausages for 3-4 minutes, turning them over halfway through, until golden brown on all sides. Then we take them out of the pan, cut them into pieces, and set them aside.
- Add the onion and garlic, which have been peeled and minced in small pieces, to the same pan and oil. We poach the onion for a few minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Stir in the curry powder for a few seconds. After that, we add the flour and mix for 30 seconds. Now, while continuing to mix, gradually add the chicken broth.
- Next, we add the carrot, which has been peeled and cut to our liking. We also add sugar, a pinch of pepper, and salt to taste. We stir for a few seconds to ensure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- We then add the reserved cut sausages and peas. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. We can now serve the sausages with curry sauce. I'll round out this dish with some mashed potatoes. Have a wonderful meal!!
- The sauce can be flavored with other herbs, such as thyme, if desired.
- You can use canned fruit syrup (pineapple, mango, peach...) or fruit compote in place of or in addition to honey. This also gives the sauce a very rich flavor.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 581Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1914mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 22g