This hastily prepared green curry is a recipe from my weeknight dinner repertoire. I’m always on the lookout for quick and healthy dinner ideas. We don’t have to rely on pre-made or packaged foods to get dinner on the table faster! I guarantee it!
The emerald green sauce is my favorite part of this meal. It’s simply pureed fresh baby spinach with a can of coconut milk. So simple, yet so vibrant. Add your favorite vegetables and protein (we like fried tofu or chicken) and you’ll have a meal ready before the rice has finished cooking. That’s lightning fast!
- 1 16 ounce can Coconut Milk
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 Scallions
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 8 large spear Asparagus
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Combine the coconut milk and baby spinach in a blender. Blend on high until the puree is homogeneous green.
- Prepare the vegetables (garlic, scallions, broccoli, and asparagus) by chopping them. Separate the white and green parts of the scallions. Cut the chicken (or potato) into bite-sized chunks.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine the canola oil, white part of the scallions, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Cook for 1 minute after adding the curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach puree, broccoli florets, and all of the asparagus spears except the very tips (the tips cook faster).
- Cover and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. (If using potaotes instead of chicken, allow at least 10 minutes for them to become tender at this stage.)
- Cook for another 5 minutes after adding the asparagus tips and soy sauce.
- Finally, combine the frozen peas, sesame oil, dark green parts of the scallions, cilantro, and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Allow to heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1028Total Fat 67gSaturated Fat 46gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 193mgSodium 1689mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 8gSugar 5gProtein 84g