One of my favorite squid recipes is the calamari sauce. It is the traditional method of preparing squid, along with squid in its ink, which, when served with white rice or fried potatoes, is one of the culinary marvels of our time.
Squid is an excellent addition to a low-calorie diet because it contains only about 80 calories per 100 grams. Let’s keep in mind that we’re talking about having some grilled squid, because if we make them a la romana… those calories go up with the fried lol.
I guarantee it’s a simple recipe. It is the typical recipe that I recommend to people who are just starting out in the kitchen because it is simple to make and, with a loaf of bread on the side for dipping… it is the perfect recipe.
Let’s start with a delicious squid in sauce recipe.
- 1 kilo of squid
- 1 large can of tomato in chunks
- 2 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 glass of cognac or vermouth
- 1 glass of water
- 1 cayenne chilli
- We begin by making a tasty sauce. For about 20 minutes, sauté the garlic, onion, and pepper over medium heat.
- After that, we add the crushed tomato and cook for about 15 minutes.
- It's time to add the squid rings now. The best part is that we ask the fishmonger if he can clean the squid for us; if he can't due to a lack of time, it's a bit of a roll, you know. We cut the squid into rings once it was completely clean.
- We combine them with the sauce and sauté them.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate completely before adding the cognac or vermouth.
- Cook for 20 minutes over low heat with a glass of water and the cayenne pepper. We fix the salt, and that's all there is to it.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 889Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 1215mgSodium 1524mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 6gSugar 13gProtein 99g