Prepare this fluffy and homemade cream cake to enjoy a delicious snack or breakfast. It is very simple to make and it takes very few ingredients, you’ll see.
If you are a follower of the blog, you will surely have already seen the odd cake recipe around here. And there are few things that I like more than enjoying a delicious homemade sponge cake fresh from the oven.
If at this moment you do not have cream at home but you have wanted to make a cake, I invite you to take a look at other recipes that I have published. This Greek yogurt and lemon cake or the famous four-quarter cake are also delicious. If you prefer something more intense, here you have a delicious cocoa cake and, if you are looking for fruity flavors, do not miss this orange cake or the classic apple cake.
And good. After all this display of suggestions, let’s go to the recipe that concerns us today. Let’s see, how to make a sponge cake or and delicious.
- Before making this or any other cake you must preheat the oven to the indicated temperature.
- I also recommend that you prepare the mold that you are going to use before putting the dough. The normal thing is to grease it with a little butter and sprinkle flour, although, if you use a release spray as I have done, it is not necessary to use flour.
- Remember that the ingredients must be at room temperature to prevent the dough from cutting.
- 3 Eggs L or XL
- 240 g All-Purpose Wheat Flour
- 200 g of Whipping Cream (With a minimum of 35% fat)
- 200 g White Sugar
- 1 Sachet of Chemical Yeast
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Pinch of Salt (This yeast is also known as baking powder. One sachet has 16 g.)
- Beat in the eggs and sugar & Add the cream and lemon zest: Beat the eggs together with the sugar for about 5 minutes or until they increase in volume and are very fluffy. Although it can be done by hand, it is much better if you use an electric mixer or a similar appliance.
- When the eggs have foamed, add the lemon zest and cream. Beat another bit.
- Sift the flour together with the yeast and Also add the pinch of salt: Add the well-sifted flour together with the yeast and a pinch of salt. To make it easier for you, do it 2 or 3 times. I prefer to integrate these dry ingredients by mixing gently with a pastry tongue, but if you see that you have lumps, you can use the mixer at minimum speed.
- Pour the dough into the mold that you had prepared.
- Bake the cream cake at 170º for approximately 40 or 45 minutes. The exact time will depend on the characteristics of your oven. To check if the cake is done, stick a knife or a skewer in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s cooked.
- When you have it ready, take it out of the oven and let it warm up a bit before unmolding it.
Tips To Follow When Making Cream Cake:
- I have used a 20 cm diameter mold. You can use a larger one, but keep in mind that in that case, the cake will rise a little less. You can also make it in an elongated cake-type mold.
- This cream cake is perfectly preserved at room temperature. The only precaution you should take is to cover it very well so that it does not dry out.
- Although it is an ideal cake to take alone, you can also fill it with whatever you prefer: pastry cream, buttercream, whipped cream, etc.
- As I tell you above, the baking time is indicative. It will not only depend on the power of the oven, but also on the characteristics and size of the mold you use. If you want to get good results in baking, you have to know how your oven works.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 564Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 974mgSodium 381mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 35g
Do you know that cakes can be frozen?
- Although this cake will last you several days in good condition, if you foresee that it will take a little longer to give a good account of the cake you can freeze it.
- What I do is break it into individual portions and wrap them in plastic wrap. To defrost it, you can leave it at room temperature or put it in the microwave for a few seconds. It is tender and freshly made, I assure you.