If you enjoy the traditional potato omelette and the flavor of chorizo, I have a recipe for you that you will not be able to refuse, because it is simple to prepare and the combination of chorizo, potato, and egg is quite delicious.
- 4 medium potatoes (700 gr approx.)
- 6 eggs L
- 100 gr of chorizo
- ½ onion (optional)
- Olive oil
- The first step will be to peel and thoroughly wash the potatoes.
- We continue to cut them into four parts lengthwise, then into sheets about half a centimeter thick.
- We heat a large amount of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the potatoes until they are tender.
- Meanwhile, we beat the eggs with a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl, and when the potatoes are done, we drain them and add them to the beaten egg.
- In a frying pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of the same oil used to fry the potatoes over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion and poach it for 5-6 minutes in hot oil with a pinch of salt.
- While the onion is cooking, peel the chorizo and cut it into small cubes.
- When the onion is nicely poached, add the chopped chorizo and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain well and combine the onion and chorizo with the beaten egg and potatoes in a mixing bowl. We stir until everything is completely combined.
- Now, heat a nonstick pan with a few drops of olive oil over medium-low heat.
- When it reaches temperature, pour in the prepared mixture and evenly distribute it throughout the pan's base.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom of the tortilla has set, before turning it over with a flat plate or a lid.
- Cook until the omelette has curdled to our preference. Personally, I love curd and have eaten it for about 4 minutes on each side, but this is a personal preference.
- It's just a matter of taking our Spanish omelette with chorizo off the heat and bringing it to the table. Have a wonderful meal!!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2513Total Fat 160gSaturated Fat 52gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 94gCholesterol 5753mgSodium 2660mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 204g