Few people can say no to a nice brownie, and everybody has a favorite. There are hundreds of brownie recipes, each with its own unique flavor. The one we’ve got here is a simple, consistent sponge cake with a strong chocolate flavor.
This cake can be decorated in a variety of ways, filled, or eaten straight out of the oven. This time, I went with a simple decoration, a chocolate ganache topping with a hint of liquor, which adds to the deliciousness and juiciness. To flavor the coverage, I added three strong tablespoons of Brandy to the ganache, which blends very well with the chocolate flavor. It’s also delicious with orange or cherry liqueur. If the cake would be eaten by children, you can omit the liquor.
And if, in addition to being wealthy, we make it easy. What more do you want? That’s why I made this cake in my Thermomix. Although it can be done perfectly by hand or with other kitchen robots, using this appliance has the benefit of being very convenient and safe.
For the chocolate cake
- 4 eggs L
- 150 g brown sugar
- 130 g mild olive oil
- 200 ml of cream (can be for whipping or cooking)
- 200 g chocolate fondant (melted)
- 230 g of flour
- 1 sachet of chemical yeast (Royal type)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the chocolate ganache
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 140 gr of chocolate fondant
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of Brandy (optional)
Making Chocolate Cake
- As is customary, we preheat the oven to 180o. Keep in mind to schedule the heat up and down.
- Butter or oil a 23-cm-diameter mold and dust with flour. This is referred to as shirting. Set aside the mold.
shirting. Set aside the mold.
- We sift and set aside the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, and salt).
- The butterfly is put on the blades. We beat the eggs and brown sugar for 4 minutes at 37oC and speed 4. We do not put any temperature if your Thermomix is older than the TM31 and does not have 37o. When the timer goes off, we continue to beat for another 4 minutes at the same pace and without temperature.
- When the eggs have been pounded, add the oil and blend for 5 seconds on speed 3.
- Then we add the cream and chocolate that we previously melted in the water bath or microwave. Mix on speed 3 for another 5 seconds.
- We take the butterfly out of the Thermomix. It would be difficult to clean it if we abandon it. We add the reserved dry ingredients and mix for around 7 seconds on speed 3. We open and finish combining all with the spatula in soft, enveloping motions.
- We pour the dough into the mold, making sure that the surface is even and that there is no small mountain in the middle.
- We bake the brownie for about 40 minutes. Poke it with a skewer to see if it's finished. It's finished when no raw dough sticks out.
- When it's finished, we remove it from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to cool. This prevents moisture from condensing on the cake's foundation and softening it.
Making Chocolate Ganache
- In a saucepan, we heat the milk.
- Remove from the heat as it is about to boil and add the chocolate, cut into regular pieces. We keep stirring until it melts.
- We pour in the liquor. If we are not adding any liquor, it is recommended that we add another 3 tablespoons of cream to achieve a similar texture.
- Allow the ganache to warm slightly before pouring it over the sponge cake, which will be put on a rack.
- We attempt to coat the vertical walls of the cake with chocolate using a spatula. The end result would be more appealing.
- We decorate with sugar balls if desired and chill them in the fridge to achieve the desired consistency. And our Thermomix chocolate cake is ready!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 1352Total Fat 79gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 46gCholesterol 1953mgSodium 767mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 1gSugar 59gProtein 69g