Legumes can be the protagonists of light, healthy dishes full of vitamins. A good example of this is this chickpea salad with spinach and couscous.
The salad is dressed with a mint yogurt sauce that gives it a lot of freshness. It is perfect to benefit from all the good properties of legumes without the need to add excess calories to our diet. Doesn’t that sound good?
- 200 g of cooked chickpeas
- 70 g of spinach
- 30 g of couscous
- 70 ml of water approximately
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 small cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Start by preparing the couscous. To do this you will have to heat the water in a saucepan.
- When it has boiled, turn off the heat and pour in the couscous. Cover the saucepan and let the couscous rest for about 5 minutes to hydrate. It has to be tender but not too old.
- Once it is ready, drain it, separate the granite with a fork and let it cool.
- On the other hand, you can prepare the yogurt sauce. Place the yogurt, lemon juice to taste, salt, and a bit of virgin olive oil in a container. Mix all the ingredients until you get an emulsion.
- Add the minced mint and reserve the sauce.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters, depending on their size.
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds from the central part and cut it into small cubes.
- Finally, proceed to assemble the salad. I put a spinach base, on top of the chickpeas and couscous. Then I put the cucumber and tomato. I also add a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil to add more flavor to the dish.
Make sure to dress the salad with the yogurt sauce when serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 221Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 3mgSodium 258mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 7gSugar 9gProtein 11g