One of those light and simple recipes is the chicken with leek sauce. Chicken meat is one of the most popular these days, a star ingredient that allows us to take care of ourselves while also enjoying a unique flavor. We’ll have a winning dish ready if we dress this excellent raw material with an exquisite sauce.
The leeks are a perfect complement to all types of meats and stews, and this recipe will not only be a simple accompaniment but will also stand out on its own as a sauce that will leave an impression. Make a mental note of how to make this Chicken with Leek Sauce in less than 25 minutes.
- 1 kg chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 4 leeks
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 150 ml white wine
- White pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Saffron threads
- Obtaining all of the necessary ingredients is the most important step in this recipe. To achieve the best possible result, we will use high-quality ingredients, with vegetables and chicken taking center stage.
- We'll peel and finely chop the onion that will go perfectly with this leek sauce. We'll poach it over low heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- We continue with the leeks, peeling them, removing the tougher green part and cutting the white part into roughly equal-sized slices.
- We add the leeks when the onion starts to soften. Sauté for about 7 minutes, or a little longer depending on the size of the leeks.
- Brown the meat on both sides before adding the glass of wine directly. We'll wait for the alcohol to evaporate.
- We'll combine the evaporated alcohol with the water and season with salt and pepper to taste. We let a delectable sauce form and the chicken cook to perfection.
- We check the meat for tenderness after about 10 minutes; it is not necessary to cook it for a long time. It should be silky smooth and not overly dry.
- We'll take the meat out of the pan and finish the sauce. We blend all of the vegetables in the blender glass. If there is too much liquid, we can thicken it with a tablespoon of cornstarch and heat it up a little more. If it's too thick, we add a little more liquid to thin it out.
- We'll serve this chicken with potato wedges and the sauce on top, and we'll round it out with some rustic bread.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1231Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 425mgSodium 692mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 158g