- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups of powder sugar
- 1 can (21 oz.) Light cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). 2 9-inch round cake pans, greased and floured
- Ignore the cake box's instructions. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and 1 can of cake filling. Mix in the cake mix until well combined. The dough will be tough.
- Distribute half of the batter evenly between the two pans. Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before placing layers on a wire rack to cool. Allow to cool completely before sprinkling with ice
- To make the frosting, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until smooth. Continue to beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Ice one layer of the cake, then add the second layer and finish frosting the cake. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pour the cherry pie filling on top and gently spread to the edges just before serving. Some of the cherries will fall to the bottom. Is that what you're looking for?
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 3614Total Fat 74gSaturated Fat 41gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 415mgSodium 2656mgCarbohydrates 724gFiber 6gSugar 523gProtein 25g