This apple cake will surprise you with its juicy and tender texture. The apple slices are mixed with the cake batter, adding moisture and sweetness to the dessert. In addition, as can be seen in the photo, the presentation is very beautiful and original.
Don’t wait any longer to enjoy a great breakfast or snack. Take a look at the recipe and you will see how easy it is. Also, if you have doubts about any step to make this delicious apple dessert, do not miss this complete guide with the most effective tricks to make a good sponge cake. Go ahead and do it!
Tools needed to make the apple cake recipe:
- A mold, if possible removable, of about 23 cm in diameter
- A food processor or a manual mixer, failing that
- A silicone spatula
- 2 g olden or pippin apples
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 150g sugar
- 130 g creamy butter
- 200 g of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 g of baking powder)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons peach or apricot jam
- First, we preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Then, we grease a mold of about 23 cm in diameter and lightly sprinkle it with flour. This process is called Jacket-Packet. It is not advisable to use a much larger one because the cake would be too short.
- We are also going to sift the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, and salt) and we are going to reserve them.
- We begin to prepare the dough by beating the eggs together with the sugar with the help of electric rods. If we don't have it, we can do it by hand, but the arm will get a little tired. To mount the eggs, the ideal would be to place the bowl in a mild water bath, or failing that, in a warm area of the kitchen. We will beat for about 10 minutes until the mixture has an almost white color and a very fluffy appearance.
- Next, we add the butter, which has to be very soft, in the ointment, and mixes for a few seconds until it is integrated.
- The next step is to add the flour, salt, and yeast. This is important, since in this way we continue to provide air to the dough and avoid possible lumps in the flour.
- Mix everything with the help of a wooden spatula or spoon, making gentle enveloping movements. If we mix the dough in this step with too much energy, we will lose the air that we have incorporated.
- When the dough is ready, we pour it into the mold, ensuring that the surface is smooth.
- We peel the apples and cut them into thin slices, which we will carefully sink into the dough. We will place them close to each other following the circular shape of the mold or making another drawing that we like. You have to make sure it looks nice because these apple slices will be visible once the cake is cooked.
- We bake the apple cake for about 30 minutes. When it is ready, we let it warm a little, we unmold it, and transfer it to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, we prepare a simple syrup by heating the jam with two or three tablespoons of water. When the mixture is liquid, we paint the surface of the cake with the help of a brush. This last step will add that shine that makes this juicy apple cake even more palatable.
- If you prefer, you can peel and cut the apple slices at the beginning of the recipe and sprinkle them with lemon juice so they don't get rusty.
- Try making the cake with pear pieces. You will get a similar presentation and it will also be great.
- To find out if the cake is cooked, do the toothpick test. Stick a skewer or similar utensil in the central part of it and, if it comes out clean of raw dough, the cake will be baked.
- To get creamy butter you will have to take it out of the fridge a while before. I can't tell you how much, as it will depend on the temperature of your kitchen. How do you know if the butter is at the right temperature? Sink a finger on it and if you can do it easily, it is in pomade point.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 629Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 209mgSodium 421mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 10g